Lake Pueblo State Park
2013 Eagle Day Photo Contest
Official Contest Rules
· Landscape and native wildlife
· Taken in South East Colorado area
Benefits the Pueblo Raptor Center.
· $5.00 per photo entered.
12 and under are free.
· Cash and Check payment only. No credit cards.
· Make checks payable to: NRCP
Deadline for all
entries is January 17, 2013 at 4:00 pm.
· The contest is open to the general public, to both amateur and professional photographers.
· All photos must have been taken in South East Colorado and the location must be indicated in the entry form.
· If you are a minor (under the age of 18) you must obtain permission from your parent or legal guardian. The parent or guardian must sign the entry/permission form.
· All photos must be original, previously unpublished and solely created by the submitting entrant.
· Any entry deemed inappropriate by the Eagle Day staff will be disqualified.
· Computer created entries and photos that have been altered (other than cropping) will be disqualified.
· Releases that cannot be verified for authenticity (including missing, incomplete or incorrect contact information on the form) will result in the disqualification of the entry.
· Photos can be entered in one of two categories: Landscape and Wildlife. The entrant must indicate which category they want to be judged. Photos cannot be judged in both categories. Each category is broken into two age groups, under the age of 12 and adult (over the age of 12).
· All photos will be entered into a People’s Choice category, where visitors to the Eagle Day festival vote for their favorite photo. No additional entry fee is required for this category. A special prize for the People’s Choice category will be given.
· All photos must be provided in a 8x10 print sizes and should not be framed or matted.
· Digital photos must be in JPEG format and 72 dpi (dots per inch).
· Photos must be submitted both in print and digitally. Digital photos should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or be on a disc accompanying the printed copy.
· Only printed photos will be judged.
· Backs of photos should be dated and captioned with the entrant’s name, contact information and location of the photo.
· All entrants must complete and sign the official entry form and submit one entry per photo. Only entry forms with complete, accurate and legible information will be considered.
· Damaged photographs will not be accepted. Eagle day sponsors and the Colorado Division of Parks and Wildlife is not responsible for late, lost, misdirected, illegible, incomplete, postage due, stolen, returned, separated, damaged or undelivered entries or mail. Proof of mailing is not proof of delivery. We suggest you retain original and unique photographs and submit only copies.
· Photos will not be returned.
Use of photos
All photo entries (digital and print) become the property of Eagle Day and Colorado Parks and Wildlife. Contestants grant Eagle Day and Colorado Parks and Wildlife unlimited usage and unrestricted rights of any photograph submitted for the contest regardless of whether or not it is a winning entry. They reserve the right to use the photos in printed or on-line materials and for educational informational and promotional purposes without paying compensation to the photographers or the subjects. Photos used will credit the photographer unless otherwise requested by the entrant.
Eagle Day Staff and experts chosen by the Eagle Day committee will judge all entries.
You need not be present to win. Winners will be announced on February 1, 2013 at Lake Pueblo State Park. As many entries as physically possible will be displayed in the visitors center of Lake Pueblo State Park during the Eagle Day festival February 1-3, 2013. Winning entries will be contacted using the information provided on entry form.
If for any reason the contest is not capable of being conducted as planned, including any causes beyond the control of the administrators of the contest, Eagle Day staff reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, modify, suspend, or terminate the contest without notice to the entrants and retain all photo entries.
One photo in each category will be chosen as the winner. Ribbons will be awarded to the winner and honorable mention photos in each category.
© Ken Archer 2002